Be Prepared - Travel with Insurance
Travel insurance has never been more important or helpful than it is today. Purchasing appropriate and adequate travel insurance will protect your travel investment and decrease stress if you are not able to travel as planned.
Our team at Spirit of the West Adventures are not insurance experts. If you have any doubt about the policy you need, please speak to an insurance broker.
DO I REALLY NEED TRAVEL INSURANCE? I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED IT BEFORE
The simple answer is YES! We currently live in a very uncertain world, where travel restrictions and border closures can happen almost overnight. Travel insurance enables you to focus on trip planning, having fun, and enjoying your vacation, rather than worrying about all the things that could go wrong.
Cancelling travel plans due to factors outside of your control is never going to be enjoyable, but it’s much less stressful when you have protected your travel expenses.
While travel insurance is not mandatory to join us on a tour, we highly recommend it. When making decisions around purchasing travel insurance, we recommend you review our Terms & Conditions carefully.
OUR Top Tips FOR Travel Insurance
- Which policy you can purchase depends on where you live. Coverage varies by country as well as by province/state and region.
- Spend some time determining which expenses you need coverage for. Certain aspects of your travel (hotel, flights, rental car, etc.) may have flexible cancellation policies and offer a refund or credit balance if you are unable to travel. Removing these expenses from the amount you are insuring with your policy can reduce the overall cost of the insurance.
- If you’re in the early stages of your travel planning, set up a policy sooner rather than later. Many policies (Cancel for Any Reason insurance in particular) have tight timelines for purchasing soon after you spend any money on your journey. You can always call your insurance provider to add additional coverage if you extend or expand your travel itinerary.
- Check whether your policy will cover your travel companions, and if the coverage will be sufficient. Some policies are adequate for families, but some are really not. If traveling as a group of adults, it is recommended to get separate policies for each individual or couple for maximum coverage and flexibility, rather than purchasing one large policy for the group.
IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR TOUR WITH US
- It is really helpful to read through your policy, to understand what is covered and why.
- Please call us before informing your travel insurance provider. We will help ensure that you have all the correct paperwork you need before starting your claim.