Vancouver Island Sea Kayak Rentals
We have a large fleet of single and double fibreglass kayaks at our base on Quadra Island, with a range of models from most of the major North American manufacturers. If you have the right skills and training to undertake your own trip we're happy to outfit you with the gear you need for a BC coastal adventure.
Please note: We are not currently offering kayak rentals.
Kayak rentals & paddling gear
single KAYAK $45/DAY (MIn. 2 DAYS) | $250/week
DOUble kayak $60/day (MIN. 2 DAYS) | $315/week
Kayak rentals include: kayak, paddle, spare paddle, life jacket, pump, paddle float, sprayskirt and a whistle
Optional equipment: paddle jackets, dry bags, water jugs, local chart, compass and flares (please reserve in advance)
Other available equipment: expedition tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats (Thermarest), rain gear (jackets and pants)
(All the equipment you need to enjoy one of our guided kayak trips is included in the trip cost, with the exception of a sleeping bag and rain gear. Both items are $25 each for the trip. If you’d like to rent this gear instead of purchasing new or travelling with your own gear, you can reserve that online at the time you book your trip or simply give us a call in the office to add it later.)
Please note: We are not located on the water, so in order to launch your kayaks you will need a car with an appropriate roof rack or will need to arrange a shuttle with us. Please contact us for possible launch locations and shuttle fees.
a few important points:
- Previous kayak experience is required.
- At least one member of your group must know how to perform self and assisted rescues.
- We require the knowledge & adherence of Canada’s/British Columbia’s whale & wildlife watching regulations. Learn more here.
- It is recommended to book ahead for rentals.
- For reservations, a 25% deposit is required (via etransfer or credit card).
- A major credit card or $300.00 security deposit is required for rentals and is refunded upon return of equipment.
- 24 hours notice is required for full refunds with cancellation.
- A waiver of liability must be signed prior to departure.
- Those under 19 years of age must have a signed consent from a parent and/or guardian.
- Our base location is often quite busy preparing and sending out multi-day tours. We will have your gear and kayaks ready to go when you arrive (with an arranged pick-up time or if you have provided sufficient notice of your arrival), but may not have staff available to assist with loading or answer detailed planning questions regarding route choices, campsites, tide and current calculations or technical gear.
To book a rental, please contact our office by phone or email. We will confirm that your desired kayaks and dates are available within 24-48 hours and send further registration details.