What you'll eat on a kayak trip with us
Food is an essential part of any camping trip and wow, camping food has come a long way. Move over hot dogs and canned beans, because fresh green salad, local and responsibly sourced lingcod, and roasted baby potatoes are ready and waiting to be served. Top it off with locally baked treats or fresh fruit skewers with chocolate drizzle for dessert and you get the picture! It's a pleasure to share these tasty meals with you while savouring some of the most beautiful scenery around.
We like to say – “We can’t control the weather or the wildlife, but we can control the food!” On our tours, you can look forward to hearty, healthy, fresh, and satisfying food. While specific meals vary based on tour, please see a sample of some of our typical options below.
Breakfasts are warm and hearty. Breakfasts served may include:
- scrambled eggs, bacon, and fruit
- yogurt, granola, and fruit salad
- french toast with fresh fruit
- hot cereal with dried fruit and toppings
- pancakes with peaches and syrup
Lunches are simple and delectable, most often eaten on one of the coast’s many pocket-beaches after a morning of paddling. Lunches may include:
- a sandwich spread with seasonal fruit and cookies
- pita, hummus, and tzatziki with protein bars and fruit
- quinoa salad with fresh veggies
Appetizers are always a welcome treat at the end of a day of paddling. Appetizers may include:
- an assortment of artisanal crackers and cheeses
- tortilla chips and fresh salsa
Dinners are full of flavour, filling and variety. There is always a sweet treat to follow. Dinners may include:
- pan-seared lingcod fillets (locally and responsibility sourced) with herbed potatoes and green salad
- Thai curry with tofu, jasmine rice, and naan bread
- Mediterranean pasta with olive bread and salad
- Mexican bowls with corn salad & guacamole
*Sample menu items are based on the expedition tour menus. Basecamp tour offerings will vary slightly.
Snacks are also available for quick, on the water nourishment. Your guides will have trail mix, fruit leathers, granola bars, sweet & savoury treats (such as jerky or pepperoni) as well as chocolate available for snacking. You are also welcome to bring along your favourite snacks for while you are kayaking.
Our Coffee, Teas & Other Yummy Drinks
We are very fortunate to have world-class coffee roasters on our little island, importing ethically produced and sustainable coffee. Helene and Peter of Aroma Roasters supply us with freshly roasted, fair trade, organic, shade grown beans produced by a women’s cooperative in Mexico or Peru.
Fruit juice, black and herbal teas, hot chocolate and coffee are also all provided for your drinking pleasure. You are welcome to bring wine, beer and spirits for enjoying responsibly with your meals.
Have dietary needs? We are happy to accommodate many dietary restrictions. However, dietary restrictions add additional complexity and costs to preparing for your tour. Please see below for some of the dietary restrictions we can accommodate and the associated costs for substitutions.
- $75 fee: gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, nut-free, and soy-free (click here for more details on substitutions)
- No additional cost: vegetarian, no red meat, no fish, no seafood
If you have dietary restrictions or allergies not listed above, please contact us at [email protected] to discuss if we are able to accommodate your needs and any additional charges.
We take great pride and pleasure in serving you the best food we can for your adventure!