Welcome! We want to share Canada & beautiful British Columbia in with you.
- We are taking tentative reservations from people from outside of Canada for our 2021 paddling season.
- No deposit payment is needed at this time.
- As of first the week of January 2021 we will be prioritizing reservations from those who are permitted to travel to Canada at that time and will contact you with options available to you as things evolve.
- We will again examine travel restrictions the first week of March 2021 and contact you with options available to you (see Dates to Note below).
We are hopeful that international travel will be permitted again before long, but we along with the rest of the world are still waiting to see when travel and border restrictions will be lifted. In the meantime, we want to help you have something to look forward to and dream about while we wait.
Advantages of Tentative Reservations
- No money out of pocket at the moment
- You are first in line for your adventure and date of choice
- When it is time to secure your reservation with a deposit (once we know travel from your country is possible again) you can purchase Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) travel insurance to protect your travel.
How TenTative Reservations Work
- Find the trip that best suits you
- Call or email us and we will set you up with a tentative reservation. We will pencil you for the spaces and date that work best for you.
- We will connect the first week of January 2021 and the first week of March 2021 to see how travel restrictions have evolved and how that will impact your ability to travel (see Dates to Note below).
We want to get you on the water! We will hold your tentative reservation as long as we can to try and give you the best chance of joining us.
While we know this can make travel planning a little more challenging, we really appreciate your understanding that we at Spirit of the West Adventures need to try and plan as best we can to ensure the viability of our small business and the well-being of our staff/team so that we can be here for when the time is right for you to join us.
Dates to Note
We will continually monitor travel restrictions and plan to check in with you at a couple key points in 2021.
First week of January, 2021
- Spirit of the West Adventures will start to prioritize reservations from guests who are able to travel to Canada at this time.
- If travel restrictions are still in place which make your ability to join us uncertain we will contact you and discuss your options.
First week of March, 2021
If travel restrictions have lifted and you’re able to travel to Canada, we will ask you for a deposit to confirm your reservation. Deposits are 25% of the tour cost, with full payment due 60 days prior to the trip departure (see full Terms & Conditions for full booking and cancellation terms).
If travel restrictions still have not lifted you have options:
- You can move your reservation to 2022 at the same rate as 2021 tours
2. If you would like to wait longer and see how travel restrictions change and keep your reservation;
- We will ask for a 25% deposit as above according to our terms and conditions.
- We will help you navigate the world of travel insurance and strongly encourage you to purchase Cancel for Any Reason Insurance (CFAR) which would help cover us both in the event you are unable to join your tour.
Of course, when restrictions are lifted, we are happy to discuss what tours have availability and will do our best to get you out into BC’s wilderness and on a safe and enjoyable adventure!
We really appreciate your patience and understanding as we do have to be mindful of the implications that border, and travel restrictions have on your ability to join us and what that means for staffing and planning for our small family run business. We hope this tentative reservation solution will work for both of us.