Vancouver Island Sea Kayak Rentals
We have a large fleet of single and double fibreglass kayaks at our base on Quadra Island, with a range of models from most of the major North American manufacturers. If you have the right skills and training to undertake your own trip we're happy to outfit you with the gear you need for a BC coastal adventure.
Kayak rentals & paddling gear
single KAYAK $35 PER DAY | MINIMUM 2 DAYS
DOUble kayak $50 per day | minimum 2 days
Kayak rentals include: kayak, paddle, spare paddle, life jacket, pump, paddle float, sprayskirt and a whistle
Optional equipment: paddle jackets, dry bags,water jugs, local chart, compass and flares (please reserve in advance)
Other available equipment: expedition tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats (Thermarest), rain gear (jackets and pants)
(All the equipment you need to enjoy one of our guided kayak trips is included in the trip cost, with the exception of a sleeping bag and rain gear. Both items are $25 each for the trip. If you’d like to rent this gear instead of purchasing new or travelling with your own gear, you can reserve that online at the time you book your trip or simply give us a call in the office to add it later.)
a few important points:
- Previous kayak experience is required.
- At least one member of your group must know how to perform self and assisted rescues.
- It is recommended to book ahead for rentals.
- For reservations a 50% deposit or credit card is required.
- A major credit card or $300.00 security deposit is required for rentals, and is refunded upon return of equipment.
- 24 hours notice is required for full refunds with cancellation.
- A waiver of liability must be signed prior to departure.
- Those under 19 years of age must have a signed consent from parent and/or guardian.
Rentals may be booked online, but please note that we will confirm that your desired kayaks and dates are available within 24-48 hours.